Following on from their standout debut album, ‘House of Infinity’, Infinity Ink return with a heavy-hitting selection of remixes, featuring exclusive reinterpretations from some of the scene’s greatest: Radio Slave, Luke Solomon, Themba, Man Power, Richy Ahmed and more.
Founder of the Classic Music Company, Luke Solomon’s Alternative Mr. V Version of ‘The Rush’ is a funk-filled, whirring cut that pushes Mr. V’s enticing vocals to the fore. Berghain regular Radio Slave switches direction, providing a heads-down Techno remix of ‘Too Strong’. Man Power’s remix of ‘Full Capacity’ is a brooding house number, full of cavernous vocal samples and darting melodies. Themba’s Herd Remix of ‘Aya’ features tropical atmospheres, rich chords and clinical drums, before Luca Cazal, one half of Infinity Ink, teams up with S L F to provide a no-nonsense remix of ‘How Do I Love You’, adorned with modular processing and analogue warmth.
Hot Creations mainstay Richy Ahmed serves up an addictive House cut, filled with dense drum-machine patterns, sampled strings and driving pads, all distinctly classic sounding in nature. U.S. native Kai Alce’s Flutstrumental remix of ‘How Do I Love You’ brings jazz flute solos into the mix, elevating Yasmin’s vocal to higher territories. With album releases on Apollonia, Chris Carrier produces a powerful remix of ‘Alienation’, one that sees tripped-out basslines trading blows with poignant pads. Brett Johnson rounds off the release with an emotion-drenched vocal mix of ‘Rushing Back’, of which he’d originally reworked as a dub version.
Infinity Ink, made up of long-term friends Luca Cazal and Ali Love, are no strangers to the electronic music scene. With a career in production that has seen them release standout EPs on the likes of Crosstown Rebels and Hot Creations, it was in 2012 that their career really took flight. Gigs have come thick and fast ever since with the dynamic duo playing at some of the world’s most esteemed clubbing institutions including DC 10, Glastonbury, Warung Beach Club and Panorama Bar.
1. Infinity Ink feat. Mr. V – The Rush (Luke Solomon’s Alternative Mr. V Version)
2. Infinity Ink – Too Strong (Radio Slave Remix)
3. Infinity Ink – Full Capacity (Man Power Remix)
4. Infinity Ink – Aya (Themba’s Herd Remix)
5. Infinity Ink feat. Yasmin – How Do I Love You (Luca Cazal And S L F Remix)
6. Infinity Ink feat. Mr. V – The Rush (Richy Ahmed Remix)
7. Infinity Ink feat. Yasmin – How Do I Love You (Kai Alce Flutstrumental Mix)
8. Infinity Ink – Alienation (Chris Carrier Remix)
9. Infinity Ink feat. Yasmin – Rushing Back (Brett Johnson’s Vocal Mix)